Aquatic Animals Inspection policies – AQSIQ Notice No. 183
Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Entry Aquatic Animals Inspection and Quarantine.
These Provisions are formulated in accordance with the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine and its implementing regulations, the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Examination of Imported and Exported Commodities and the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Import and Export Commodity Inspection and the Measures for the Protection of Fishery Production Republic of China, the Regulations of the People ‘s Republic of China on Quality and Safety of Agricultural Products, and the Special Provisions of the State Council on Strengthening the Supervision and Management of the Safety of Food and Other Products, and other laws and regulations.
These Measures shall apply to the supervision and administration of inspection and quarantine of aquatic animals entering the territory.
AQSIQ shall be responsible for the inspection, quarantine and supervision and management of aquatic animals entering the country. AQSIQ is located in the entry – exit inspection and quarantine departments are responsible for the entry of aquatic animals under the jurisdiction of the inspection and quarantine and supervision and management.
AQSIQ and the departments of inspection and quarantine shall carry out inspection and quarantine risk management on the basis of the risk analysis of the entry aquatic animals, and carry out classified management and credit management on the enterprises concerned.
Entering aquatic animal enterprises shall engage in production and business activities in accordance with laws, regulations and relevant standards, be responsible to society and the public, ensure the quality and safety of aquatic animals entering the territory, accept social supervision and undertake social responsibilities.
Health and safety assessment
AQSIQ formulate, adjust and publish the list of allowed entry aquatic animal species and exporting countries or regions.
Recommended file should include:
The overseas aquaculture and packaging enterprises (hereinafter referred to as the “registration enterprises”) exporting aquatic animals to China shall, in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of the exporting country or region, submit the recommendation to the AQSIQ after obtaining the approval of the competent authority of the exporting country or region. Recommended files should include:
- Enterprise information: name, address, the official department in charge of the approval number, breeding, packaging capacity.
- aquatic animal information: breed aquatic animal species and packaging, scientific name, use.
- monitoring information: the last time the enterprise, the official monitoring of toxic and hazardous substances results.
AQSIQ should review the recommended files
AQSIQ regularly published, adjust the list of registered enterprises.
Overseas inspection and quarantine
Aquaculture and ornamental aquatic animals shall be continuously monitored by the competent authorities of the exporting countries or regions for more than two years in accordance with the provisions of the exporting countries or regions and the provisions of the bilateral inspection and quarantine agreements in accordance with the methods and standards recommended by the World Organization for Animal Health.
The registered enterprises of edible aquatic animals shall be monitored by the relevant competent authorities of the exporting country or region in respect of aquatic animal diseases, toxic and harmful substances and pathogenic microorganisms and the results shall conform to the requirements of the bilateral inspection and quarantine agreements, the Chinese compulsory standards or the AQSIQ designated standards.
AQSIQ may send quarantine officials to export countries or regions to assist in pre-export quarantine.
In accordance with the format and content of the inspection and quarantine certificates recognized by AQSIQ.
Import inspection and quarantine.
China laws and regulations and mandatory standards:
- AQSIQ classification of the development of inspection and quarantine requirements;
- The relevant requirements of the bilateral inspection and quarantine agreement;
- The relevant requirements stipulated in the inspection and quarantine certificates recognized by both parties;
- The import animal and plant quarantine permit (hereinafter referred to as quarantine permit) set out requirements;
- Other inspection and quarantine requirements specified in AQSIQ.
- Edible aquatic animals should be imported from AQSIQ announced designated ports. AQSIQ regularly assesses designated ports and publishes designated port lists. The relevant requirements for the designated ports for the import of edible aquatic animals shall be separately formulated by AQSIQ.
- The consignees of imported aquatic animals or their agents shall carry out quarantine licenses in accordance with the relevant provisions.
Imported aquatic animals from the exporting country or region after the transfer of third-party countries or regions of import, the consignee or his agent for the quarantine permit should be filled out in detail the transport routes and transfer processing in third-party countries or regions, including whether to leave Customs supervision areas, replacement of means of transport, replacement of packaging and access to third-party national or regional water environment.
The consignees of consignees of imported species, aquaculture and ornamental aquatic animals or their agents shall apply for quarantine permits at the local quarantine and quarantine offices at the designated places of quarantine, and shall, in accordance with the Measures for the Supervision and Administration of the Use of Imported Animal Quarantine Centers Field use permits.
import edible aquatic animals, should be in the import port inspection and quarantine departments for quarantine permits.
AQSIQ have classified management requirements, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the open box inspection.
The consignee or his / her agent shall, before importing or importing aquatic animals, hold the quarantine license and export the original of the inspection and quarantine certificate issued by the competent authority of the country or region, trade contract, bill of lading, packing list, invoice, etc. Documents to the import port inspection and quarantine departments for inspection.
The applicant on the quarantine license, the consignee on the inspection and quarantine certificate issued by the foreign competent department in charge and the consignee on the bill of lading should be consistent.
The inspection and quarantine department shall examine the relevant documents submitted by the consignee or his agent, accept the inspection and quarantine in accordance with the requirements, and write off the quantity of the quarantine license approved in accordance with the relevant provisions.
- out of the box inspection ratio: import species, aquaculture and ornamental aquatic animals, less than 10 of all out of the box, 10 or more for each additional 10, the number of open boxes increased by 2, the maximum not more than 20; Aquatic animals, out of the box ratio of not more than 10%, the minimum not less than 3 pieces. Found the problem, the appropriate increase in the proportion of out of the box inspection. AQSIQ have classified management requirements, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the open box inspection.
- Check the goods: name, number (weight), packaging, export date, transport information, export countries or regions, transit countries or regions, etc. are consistent.
- Packaging and Labeling: Whether the packaging container is in good condition; whether there is a solid or legible Chinese or English mark on the packaging container, indicating the aquatic animal’s name, scientific name, origin, breeding or packaging enterprise approval number. Live fish transport vessels, live fish containers and other difficult to be labeled except.
- Clinical examination: aquatic animal health status, including swimming is abnormal, the body surface with or without ulcers, bleeding, cyst and parasite infection, body color is abnormal, whether the abdominal swelling of fish, anal swelling Class adductor muscle contraction with or without abnormalities, crustaceans and head chest breast a black spot or white spots, black gill and so on.
- Packing water or ice, bedding materials: whether with soil and harmful to animals and plants and human health pests and other laws and regulations prohibit imports.
Carry out epidemic prevention and disinfection.
- It is required that the owner or his agent clean up the packaging container, replace the packaging or destroy the aquatic animals in the damaged package, and disinfect the on-site and packaging containers, etc., if the inner packaging container is damaged and spilled with water.
- If the site needs to be unpacked for water or water exchange, the water used must meet the fishery water quality standard stipulated by China and be disinfected. Dispose of the original packaging, packaging water or ice and bedding materials in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Destroy the prohibited imports found.
- Clinical examination found abnormal samples can be sent to the laboratory for testing.
- The owners of the aquatic animals who have died shall be supervised by the consignor or their agents for innocent treatment.
Inspection and Quarantine Notice.
The inspection and quarantine department shall issue the Notice of Inspection and Quarantine Processing and the returned goods shall be returned or destroyed by the consignee or his agent under the supervision of the inspection and quarantine department if any of the following circumstances is found:
- not included in the import of aquatic animal species and export the list of countries or regions.
- No valid quarantine license.
- No valid inspection and quarantine certificate issued by the competent authorities of the exporting country or region.
- The applicant on the quarantine license, the consignee on the inspection and quarantine certificate and the consignee on the bill of lading are inconsistent; the actual transportation route is inconsistent with the quarantine license.
- From unregistered enterprises.
- The quantity of the imported aquatic animals exceeds the number of the inspection and quarantine certificates, the quantity of the imported aquatic animals is not more than the number of the inspection and quarantine certificates, the use of the false labels or the labeling is not complete or with the inspection and quarantine.
Aquatic animals shall be returned or destroyed.
- aquatic animal epidemic pathogens, foodborne pathogenic microorganisms, parasites
- Toxins such as shellfish toxins;
- heavy metals, agricultural and veterinary drug residues;
- Other required items.
Aquatic animals transported to the inspection and quarantine departments designated temporary sites, laboratory testing before passing. If the laboratory test is unqualified, it shall be returned or destroyed.
The consignee or his agent shall report to the inspection and quarantine department.The inspection and quarantine department of the designated quarantine place shall check the goods certificate and implement the following inspection and quarantine measures:
- To harm the already dead aquatic animals.
- Disinfect the original packaging, loading water or ice and bedding materials.
- During the period of quarantine inspection, the inspection and quarantine departments shall carry out the testing of aquatic animal diseases according to the annual aquatic animal disease surveillance plan, quarantine license requirements and other relevant regulations.
If the quarantine inspection is qualified, the inspection and quarantine certificate of entry goods shall be issued, and if it is unqualified, the Notice of Inspection and Quarantine shall be issued and all aquatic animals in the same isolation facility shall be culling or destroying, and the isolation site shall be disinfection.
Transit and transit inspection and quarantine.
Transshipment by third-party countries or regions shall be issued by the third-party countries or regions in accordance with AQSIQ relevant requirements of the official documents issued by the interim, no valid proof of transit documents shall not be imported.
supervision and management.
Inspection and Quarantine Bureau directly under the actual situation with the development of local implementation of the program and organize the implementation.
- Not submitted for quarantine inspection or quarantine approval procedures or not in accordance with the provisions of quarantine approval.
- Inspection of imported aquatic animals and the actual discrepancies.
- Any violation of the above requirements will result in disqualification and disqualification.
Fines and penalties.
- Causing serious animal epidemic.
- Forged or altered quarantine documents, seals, signs, seals.
- In one of the following circumstances, the inspection and quarantine department shall punish according to the “Special Provisions of the State Council on Strengthening the Supervision and Management of the Safety of Food and Other Products”:
- Knowing that there is a hidden danger of safety, concealment is not reported, refusing to perform the accident reporting obligation to continue to import.
- Refuses to perform the product recall obligations.
- the use of forged, altered quarantine documents, seals, signs, sealing of.
- the use of falsified, altered output of the country or region of the competent authorities of quarantine certificates.
- the use of forged or altered other relevant documents.
- the establishment of operating files or not in accordance with the provisions of the record, the preservation of operating archives.
- unauthorized removal or handling of imported edible aquatic animals detained in the designated places of the inspection and quarantine departments.
- Refusing to accept the supervision and administration of the inspection and quarantine departments.
Explanation of the text of this announcement
Farm: refers to the aquatic animal hatching, nursery, breeding sites.
Packaging field: refers to the aquatic animals before leaving the short-term concentration, storage, classification, processing and finishing, packaging sites.
Output country or region: refers to the import of aquatic animals by the official inspection and quarantine certificate of the official authorities of the country or region.
Transit: refers to the transport of aquatic animals from the exporting country or region to go through a third country or region, in a third country or region during the period of goods to leave the customs supervision area and other special regulatory areas and changes in transport after transport to the mainland of China Mode of transport.
Water for packaging: refers to water in direct contact with aquatic animals, excluding sealed, used to adjust the temperature of ice or water bag.
Detention detection: refers to the import of edible aquatic animals due to the existence of safety and health risks, inspection of imported ports after passing inspection and quarantine authorities transferred to designated temporary sites, to be allowed to pass the sampling inspection of inspection and quarantine measures.
Translation By on August 12th, 2017 – Update
Posted in: What is aqsiq, aqsiq blog, aqsiq law policy, what is CIQ
AQSIQ blog content: China laws, aqsiq policy, China food safety regulations, etc.
AQSIQ will release the latest AQSIQ trends, you can focus on her Google express your opinion free.