According to AQSIQ experts on US apple pest risk analysis, based on site visits, the inspection and quarantine departments in consultation between the two countries, the two sides have signed the “US fresh apple exports to China plant quarantine work plan.” Under the “work plan”, is now officially released “imports of US apples plant inspection and quarantine requirements”, to allow imports of US apples qualified..
1 – Legal basis
(A) “People’s Republic of China Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law” and “Regulations for the Implementation People’s Republic of China Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law”;
(B) the “People’s Republic of China Food Safety Law”, “Regulations for the Implementation People’s Republic of China Food Safety Law”;
(C) “entry fruit inspection and quarantine supervision and management measures” (AQSIQ Decree No. 68);
(D) “US fresh apple exports to China plant quarantine work plan.”
2 – To allow the entry of the product name
Fresh apples, scientific name: Malus domestica, the English name: Apple.
3 – Allow origin
The continental United States.
4 – approval of the orchards and packing plant
Export orchard, packing plants, cold storage and cold treatment facilities (if required) shall be registered in the United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. The United States shall, prior to the annual export season will provide China registered packaging plant list, the list can be found on the AQSIQ Web site.
5 – The list of quarantine pests of concern
1. Hongzujuding sawfly Ametastegia glabrata
2. South America Anastrepha Anastrepha fraterculus
3. Caribbean fruit fly Anastrepha suspens
The apple blossom like Anthonomus quadrigibbus
5. The Mediterranean fruit fly Ceratitis capitata
6. rosy moth Choristoneura rosaceana
7. quince weevil Conotrachelus crataegi
8. Meiqiujingxiang Conotrachelus nenuphar
9. apricot fruit moth Cydia (Grapholita) prunivora
10. cherry fruit moth Cydia (Grapholita) packardi
11. The codling moth Cydia pomonella
12. apple leaf midge Dasineura mali
13. The car in front circle aphid Dysaphis plantaginea
14. The light brown apple moth Epiphyas postvittana
15. woolly apple aphid Eriosoma lanigerum
16. Apple fruit fly Rhagoletis pomonella
17. dogwood fruit fly Rhagoletis tabellaria
18. pear thrips Taeniothrips inconsequens
19. Mai spider mites Tetranychus mcdanieli
20. Pacific spider mite Tetranychus pacificus
21. amylovora Erwinia amylovora
22. apple, pear rust Gymnosporangium clavipes
23. The United States and Australia type stone fructicola Monilinia fructicola
24. bovine apple fruit rot Neofabraea malicorticis; N. perennans
25. Star apple fruit rot bacteria spore crack shell Phacidiopycnis washingtonensis
26. apples, pears side Rot Phialophora malorum
27. apple, pear fruit rot bacteria spores spherical shell Sphaeropsis pyriputrescens
28. apple scab fungus Venturia inaequalis
6 – pre-shipment requirements
(A) orchard management.
1. All export orchard shall be administered in accordance with the requirements of good agricultural practices, including the maintenance of the orchard sanitation, pruning, by a qualified pest control consultant to manage the risk management measures in accordance with the requirements and implementation of integrated pest management (IPM) measures, including pest monitoring, chemical or biological control, as well as farming operations and other control measures.
2. All export orchard must keep pest monitoring and control records, as required to provide China. Moreover, fruit drop may not be exported to China.
3. Reduce the major pest risk management measures concern to China.
(1) For apple fruit fly Rhagoletis pomonella. China’s apple exports to China may be approved by Apple from fruit fly PFAs. As from Apple fruit fly low prevalence, the need for monitoring orchards and packing before taking 40 were cut fruit inspection, do not meet Apple fruit fly low prevalence state requirements and from Apple fruit fly pest free areas, the need Chinese approved facilities for cold treatment: pre-cooling the fruit continued at 0 ℃ 40 days or at 3.3 ℃ for 90 days.
(2) for the Mediterranean fruit fly Ceratitis capitata, South America Anastrepha Anastrepha fraterculus, the Caribbean fruit fly Anastrepha suspensa. China’s apple exports to China may be approved by the fruit flies from PFAs. Related fly from infected areas such as, the need for cold treatment facilities approved in China: fruit at 1 ℃ (core temperature) or below, for more than 16 days; or fruit at 2.1 ℃ (core temperature) or less, continued more than 21 days.
(3) against apple blossom like Anthonomus quadrigibbus, plum ball neck like Conotrachelus nenuphar, quinces weevil Conotrachelus crataegi. China’s apple exports to China may come from approved by PFAs or pest growing point. If Apple does not satisfy the non-infected areas or pest free production sites, system control measures need to be taken and cut fruit inspection measures.
(4) for the codling moth Cydia pomonella, apricot fruit moth Cydia (Grapholita) prunivora, cherry fruit moth Cydia packardi. Orchard shall APHIS (hereinafter referred to as APHIS) approved IPM guidelines, implementation of the system of control measures and cut fruit inspection measures. System control measures include: trapping comprehensive measures to monitor, chemical control, biological control, mating disruption, etc.
(5) for the red giant foot top sawfly Ametastegia glabrata. Orchard shall APHIS approved IPM guidelines, implementation of the system of control measures and cut fruit inspection measures.
(6) for fire blight Erwinia amylovora, apple scab fungus Venturia inaequalis, United States and Australia type stone fructicola Monilinia fructicola, apple-pear rust Gymnosporangium clavipes, apple pears side Rot Phialophora malorum. APHIS approved IPM orchards should guide the implementation of monitoring and control measures, including comprehensive measures forecasting and monitoring, chemical control, biological control and other epidemic diseases.
(7) for the apple-pear fruit Fusarium oxysporum Spherical Sphaeropsis pyriputrescecs, apple-pear fruit rot star cracked shell spore bacteria Phacidiopycnis washingtonensis, bovine apple fruit rot bacteria Neofabraea malicorticis & Neofabraea perennans. Shall be in accordance with the requirements of the orchard, integrated management measures in accordance with local conditions during the growing season to monitor, once discovered, should chemical control. In particular, to remove the dead and dead branches and fruit disease may be infected with the bacteria on the pollination of fruit trees. Use fruit after harvest fungicide dip leaching process or into the refrigerator 7 days nebulizer fungicide in the cold room.
(B) packaging plant management.
1. The raw fruit should come from orchards qualifying. Apple processing, packaging, storage and shipping process, should be conducted under APHIS supervision or his authorized personnel.
2. The processing of fruits subject to selection, washing, sorting and packaging. As far as possible to ensure that the fruit without insects, mites, rotten fruit and branches, leaves, plant debris and soil. In the processing apples exported to China during the same packaging line ban exports to other fruit processing outside of China. During storage, it should be exported to China and exports to other markets, Apple should be stored separately from Apple.
3. Packaging plant diseases that may occur after the harvest respond adopt effective management measures.
4. To store packed apples should be immediately put in storage, to avoid re-infection of pests.
(C) the packaging requirements.
1. The packaging material should be new, clean and sanitary, phytosanitary requirements in line with relevant Chinese.
Applications marked in English fruit species, origin, growers parcel number, packing plant name and / or registration number, batch number and other information on 2. Each carton. Each pallet required marked in English or Chinese “exports People’s Republic of China.” If you do not use a tray, such as an aircraft, it is marked on each package required Chinese “exports to the People’s Republic of China.” In addition to the label of each carton, but also must have a USDA seals.
(D) pre-export inspection and quarantine.
1. From apple fruit fly, concerned as the CPI, borer class, red foot giant top sawfly and other harmful organisms other than non-Apple PFA, prior to packaging, for fruit each parcel, authorized by the APHIS cooperation agencies to take 40 suspicious sectioning fruit fruit inspection. Such as hair phenomenon CPI internal Chinese concern borer class, red foot giant and other top sawfly feeding pests, to suspend the export orchard this season; fruit fly found attention, press requirements for the implementation of apples processed cold treatment.
2. The United States should follow two percent of the total number of cases of export fruit sampling, minimum sampling rate shall not be less than 1200 results, and the samples were all checked. Meanwhile, packaged fruit, at least take 40 suspicious fruit, fruit conduct cross examination.
3. APHIS or its authorized partner organizations in export quarantine process, a pest found any concern to China, the shipment will not be exported to China, if you can not identify the pest, the goods can not be exported. Found that the activity amylovora, the apple orchard will suspend exports to China; found concern borer, the orchard will suspend the export to China until appropriate corrective measures taken; discover other harmful organisms concerned should take appropriate corrective measures, and may suspend the orchard / packaging plant this season’s exports to China. Related survey records shall be retained.
(E) the phytosanitary certificate requirement.
1. At the plant quarantine inspection of apples, the United States will issue a phytosanitary certificate and additional declaration shall be: “All fruits in the shipment meet the requirements of the work plan of quarantine inspection for US fresh apples to be exported to China “and” Fruit in this shipment were produced under a systems approach to mitigate postharvest diseases of quarantine concern. “(batch of apples comply with US fresh apple exports to China quarantine work plan calls for” and “all shipments of fruit have been taken to reduce postpartum quarantine Diseases of system management measures). At the same time, the registration number should be indicated packaging plant and container seal number on the phytosanitary certificates.
2. For the implementation of the cold treatment, the temperature should be noted on the phytosanitary certificate while cold treatment, duration and treatment facilities, and other names or numbers. For the implementation of transit cold treatment should be indicated on the phytosanitary certificate at the same time deal with cold temperatures, requiring continuous processing time, container seals number.